Posted on July 23, 2012.
Original Sprout Cares
- BCA‘s goal is to see students grow and mature spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially while maintaining a strong academic program that will challenge each child on his/her own level in an atmosphere of love and concern.
- Children’s Benefit Fund was originally established to assist handicapped children in the Long Beach Community. It has since grown to support several children’s medical and dental programs in the area. Funds are raised through various activities during the year and by generous donations from the public.
- The Breast Cancer Fund works to connect the dots between breast cancer and exposures to chemicals and radiation in our everyday environments.
- The Nancy Davis Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis is dedicated to the treatment and ultimate cure of MS. Funding research is the core focus of the Foundation and all funds raised support our Center Without Walls program, a selected network of the nation’s top MS research centers. This nationwide collaboration of physicians and scientists are on the cutting-edge of innovative research programs, working as a team on therapeutic approaches to eradicate MS. In addition to combating MS through research in a clinical environment, we hope to increase awareness by educating the public about this mystifying disease.
- Buddy Cruise provides educational opportunities and resources for families, while promoting awareness, acceptance, inclusion and advancement for individuals with Down syndrome.
- The North County Women’s Shelter advocates on behalf of domestic violence victims in a number of ways other than simply providing shelter. The Community Counseling Program, School Counseling Program, and support groups counsel hundreds of survivors each year. One of the more utilized programs at the agency, the Temporary Restraining Order Clinic, helps victims apply for protection orders against their violent aggressors. All services are bi-lingual and bi-cultural. Every human is entitled to a life free from fear and threat, and the North County Women?s Shelter Program helps San Luis Obispo County victims work through the difficult task of making sense of a life altered by violence.
- Inspired by a father and a son, Hollyrod Foundation was founded in 1997 by actress Holly Robinson Peete and her husband Rodney Peete. The HollyRod Foundation is dedicated to providing compassionate care to those living with Autism and Parkinson’s disease.
- INGA Foundation is working with farmers in the humid tropics to spread our organic and cost effective agricultural technique: alley-cropping. Alley-cropping is a simple, sustainable solution to the devastating practice of slash and burn.
- Lisa Ray’s Donation Group If you or any of your friends have any new or lightly used hand-me-down clothes you’d like to donate to a local child in need please contact us!
- Run Inspired! Train for the L.A. Marathon and change the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS. Training starts October 10.
- Santa Barbara Breast Cancer Resource Center presents La Flor de Cuba! Be transformed back to Cuba’s romantic and golden era as you enjoy the exotic flavors of Cuban food with refreshing rum drinks, surrounded by beautiful gardens at a private Montecito estate! Auction and event proceeds benefit the SBBCRC.
- In conjunction with these major projects, we are working in thousands of communities across the globe through our distance agroforestry training and seed distribution program. Click here for more information on our distance training program, or to fill out a project application to receive seeds and training materials!
- Scioto Reserve Block Party – Original Sprout has partnered with J. Bentley to provide gift baskets for the SRBP silent auction to benefit the “Make a Wish Foundation“.
- Soroptimist International – As a leading international women’s organisation, Soroptimist International works on various international women’s issues like sex trafficking, teen dating advice, women living in poverty, violence in workplace and more.
- Breast Cancer Fund Raising Event. They had food, refreshments and seminars on cancer research & cosmetic ingredients.
- 2008 Golden Globes Event where Spa Dida, a luxury Children’s Spa, provided Original Sprout samples for celebrity parents and children.
- 2009 Annual Auction at MiraLoma Co-Op Nursery School – a food & wine event to provide a safe and nurturing environment for preschoolers.
- 2008 San Luis Obispo Natural Birthing Classes – donated to expectant parents looking for green-wash free natural products.